Paddling

In 1,000 years, when anthropologists are sifting through the detritus of early 21st century culture, they will most likely scratch their heads at the knee-jerk reaction of the masses: when the going gets tough, the tough get blogging. I graduated in 2008 with a degree in journalism, which likely means I'll be living in a cardboard box at some point. I had (nearly) full knowledge of this when I graduated, but being a self-avowed word nerd, I continued forward. Fast forward nearly two years, and I've burned through a retail job (laid off due to the economy), wandered through three countries and finally settled with a part-time editorial assistant gig. All the while continuing to look for full-time work. In any field conceivable.
In the last two and a half weeks, I've applied for 15 jobs. Since I've hit this milestone, I decided to immortalize it in the digital hallows of the Intertoobs and provide commentary for the road ahead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Greek Chorus

Your Actual Resume

Our Unemployed Brethren